Sunday, March 9, 2014

March 2, 2014

So we had transfers this week. I thought I was going to get transferred because I've been in the area for three months. But no, last week Sister Dequina got the call, she got transferred to Escelante, Cebuano speaking. hahaha. It's perfect. She was started to get bored and trunky. So President makes her learn a new language. hahaha. I'm really glad I'm staying though. It stressful to have to move around, get to know a new place. So now I'm leading the area for a while with my new companion. And my new companion, oh my. Everyone in the mission knows her. When I found out I was going to be with her and I told other people, they all said "have patience sister, a lot of patience. it's only for one transfer" So I was a little worried at first, but then I met her, and I absolutely love her. I understand why she bugs everyone, and yeah, she really bugs me too, but I love her, and kind of don't love her at the same time. She's Samoan and soooooooooooooooooo talkative. She was talking to me all last night. I didn't listen to a word she said because I was so tired. She's like watching a youtube video all the time. Her personality is very different. Kind of like Glozel (on youtube) when she tells stories. So I'm going to be exhausted this transfer from listening to her. She is also lazy sometimes. And very dramatic. She got a little cold one day and we had to go to the doctor and go home and she stayed home the entire next day. Because her nose was runny. So I spent the entire Thursday night trying to find relief society to come to the house and ward missionaries to work with me so I could keep working. It was a total miracle the way it worked out. I prayed so hard that we would find a way - and it was so crazy and so stressful, but it worked, with shifts. When I came home that day, there were two relief society from our ward, two from another, and they were all like totally partying. Cleaning the house, cooking food, running around playing with the little girl. It was a great opportunity for them to serve. 
Anyway, she's crazy. It's going to be a transfer where I learn a lot. Patience, endurance... Sister Laulu also did Shakespeare in school so we both have theater background. That helps us bond a lot. That's probably why I can get along with her. She's like a crazy theater Polynesian. 
I've learned so much from drama that's really coming into handy now. haha.
It actually hasn't been raining lately. It's been getting hotter though. We've been getting more water for our emergency water supply. They think it's going to be a rough summer, really hot. 
I love getting all of your emails by the way. It's so awesome to hear what's going on back home, the spiritual progression, your daily lives. I've been forced to grow up here (but don't worry Emily, I'm still a kid). I just moved out of the house to another country. No big deal. 
Well, I don't have any awesome stories, and my picture didn't send, so sorry this is lame. But maybe next time I can start sending scriptures and stuff for family home evening :D Next week I'll try to do better at writing spiritual experiences too. Anyway, love you all! Palangga ko kamo! Makita-ay kita dason tuig. haha.
Love, Sister Watkins
P.S. I love when you send pictures. I print them and look at them when I'm lonely... or just for fun. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment